Experience that Matters
From our family doctors treating our family members, accountants doing our taxes, a Real estate agent selling our house, or a babysitter taking care of our young ones. Experience makes the difference between doing a poor to mediocre job compared to a fantastic job.
I have a thorough understanding of the difficulties of this job, such as taking a homeowner’s call, because I’m already familiar with the situation having dealt with many like it before. One of the benefits of having served in the past is simply knowing your way through the red tape and bureaucracy. On top of my dedication to my family and the families in Ward 3, my experience in municipal politics will allow me to be an effective representative that can get things done.
I look at my time in office as a continuation of my community service in everyday life. I believe that my experience in positions listed below will greatly help me be your family’s voice on Council.
- Proud husband of 35 years to Becky, together with five children and seven grand-children
- Foster Parent, York Region Children’s Aid Society, 1980 to present
- Two term Newmarket Town Councillor: 2000 to 2003 (Councillor at Large), and 2006 to 2010 (Ward 3 Councillor)
- Founder / business owner of Woodhouse Insurance, 1979 to present
- Advisory Member, Judicial Review Board, Financial Services Commission of Ontario, 2003 to present
- Vice Chair and Board Member, Newmarket Public Library, 5 years
- Founding chair, board member and volunteer, INN From the Cold, 10 years
- Church Elder, chairperson, youth leader and teacher, local church, over 20 years
- Former president and board member, Newmarket Chamber of Commerce, 5 years
- Former chair, Salvation Army Red Shield Appeal, 2 years
- Former president and board member, The Financial and Life Insurance Professional Association, 4 years